Cilantro Chelation Pesto
(eat this every day during your cleanse…and as much as you can/want) This would also be good to add to your diet a couple times a year as a maintenance.
8 cloves garlic (or more if you like)
1/3 cup Brazil nuts (selenium)
1/3 cup sunflower seeds (cysteine)
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds (zinc, magnesium)
2 cups packed fresh cilantro (vitamin A)
1 tbsp coriander seeds
4 tablespoons lemon juice (vitamin C)
2 tsp turmeric
¼ cup of dandelion leaves
2 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp dulse powder [or kelp powder/granules]
1 tbsp Spirulina
2/3 cup flaxseed oil or Sancha Inchi Oil
Sea salt or my mineral salt, pepper to taste
1. Process the cilantro, garlic, nuts, seeds, leaves, dulse, olive oil and lemon juice in a blender until finely minced.
2. Then add flax oil and a pinch of sea salt and pepper and blend on low speed (do not heat flax oil) until the mixture is blended into a paste.
3. Store in the fridge, in dark glass jars if possible. *This pesto freezes well, so purchase cilantro in season and fill enough jars to last throughout the year. The cilantro will begin to get dark green/brown in 4-5 days, so if you want to keep it looking super fresh, then just keep a small supply in the fridge and freeze the rest to use as needed. Cilantro has been shown to chelate toxic metals from our bodies in a relatively short period of time. Combined with the benefits of the other ingredients, this recipe is a powerful tissue cleanser providing you with other minerals
I make this for my clients. A large container is $15
Chelation Support Soup (good for LIVER AND KIDNEYS)
Place one quarts of stock (bone broth, chicken stock or both) and one quart of potato skin broth(cooked skinds in water) in a medium-sized pot. Turn the heat on to bring the soup stock to a boil. While waiting for the soup to heat, add:
• Mineral Salt…2 tsp (Kelp, Nettle, Sesame Seeds and a natural sea salt…I make this for clients $7 a bag)
• ½ tsp cayenne (high heat if possible– 90,000 – 145,000 HU, Immediately feeds the cardiovascular system, alkalizes the body, and stimulates circulation.
• Local Red Chili Pepper – 1/8 tsp red chili pepper (a few dashes)- dried peppers are fine.
• Turmeric – 1/8 tsp of friend turmeric (a few dashes) or 1 inch of fresh chopped finely
• Oregano – 1 Tsp of fresh oregano (or 1/8 tsp of dried)
• Ginger – 8 slices of ginger (about an inch). For a “bigger ginger kick”, one can boil the ginger separately in a small amount of water in another sauce pan for about 20 minutes, then add the ginger and ginger tea to the soup stock (this should probably only be done for those well-adjusted to ginger use).
• Thyme – One to three tablespoonful of finely and freshly chopped Thyme (optional but recommended).
• Rosemary – One to three tablespoonful of finely chopped fresh rosemary.
Bring all of the above ingredients to a boil. Allow to boil for 30 seconds to a minute. Remove the pot from heat, and allow the soup to set for about two minutes. Next, add the following pre-prepared raw ingredients to the soup:
• ¼ cup chopped cilantro – Finely chop the cilantro.
• The juice of 3-6 lemons – If the lemons are small, and you hand squeeze the lemons, use six. If you use a juicer, use less lemons. If the lemons are large, and you use a juicer, use only three. If hand squeezing, use four large lemons.
• 3/4 cup first cold pressed olive oil or coconut oil
• 2-3 full bulbs/cloves of extremely finely chopped garlic as a MINIMUM.
Add all above ingredients and let sit for 7-10 minutes (covered). Remove the ginger root).
You can store this soup in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze indefinitely. It actually gets yummier! Ingredients may be added to the original soup recipe to suit, provided that they add no digestive burden. Please note that while it seems that some of the ingredients are excessive, each balances the other perfectly to deliver the much-needed nutrients that the body so desperately needs.
Alternate Recipe For those that enjoy the occasional cleansing soup for enjoyment, the following ingredients can easily be added: Chopped Celery, Chopped Onions, Chopped Mushrooms