Zeolite (volcanic rock and ocean water) amazing in detoxifying the human body of the carcinogens, heavy metals, viruses, bacteria, fungi, and overall acid conditions that promote and cause disease! Of course it is! Look where it comes from!
Some 70,000 chemicals are being dumped into our environment, 65,000 of which are potentially hazardous to our health. We live in a virtual sea of pollutants, and carry many of these toxins within us. They can be found even in unborn children.
This naturally occurring mineral called zeolite has a unique, negatively charged, crystalline structure. It is like a honey comb. It is formed from the fusion of lava and ocean water, and combines all four elements. I feel that zeolite is an alchemical gift from Nature/God. The results of research on zeolite are very impressive:
1. It has a chelation-like effect in removing heavy metals (particularly lead, mercury, cadmium, and arsenic), pesticides, herbicides, PCBs, and other toxins from the body. These toxins are strongly correlated with the occurrence of a wide range of diseases, including cancers and neurological disorders such as Zeoliteheimer’s, autism, and dementia.
2. Zeolite also improves liver function, indirectly improving elimination of pesticides, herbicides, and xeno-estrogens.
3. Zeolite appears to block viral replication, and may prove to be a potent anti-viral and general remedy for all viruses. To date, 40 anecdotal cases of herpes zoster have reportedly been healed. Preliminary anecdotal case studies suggest that it may help alleviate rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, and hepatitis C as well as the common cold and flu.
4. Zeolite’s binding power was proven during the Chernobyl disaster, when tons of it were used to remove radioactive cesium and strontium-90 before they contaminated local water systems.
5. Zeolite creates a natural buffer in the system by establishing an optimal pH level (between 7.35 and 7.45), which in turn activates healthy brain function and a strong immune system.
6. It is an effective detoxifier for prospective mothers and fathers. Anecdotal evidence and centuries of use in Asia suggest that zeolite is safe to use even during pregnancy and breastfeeding, although its safe use in pregnancy has not been proven in double-blind studies.
7. According to testimonials, zeolite promotes a sense of well-being, clarity, and happiness. It appears to do this as a consequence of eliminating toxins and also, according to preliminary research, by increasing serotonin production. One study suggests that zeolite also helps relieve depression.
8. Anecdotal reports suggest that zeolite increases energy, immune function, and general health.
9. Zeolite neutralizes the formation of nitrosamines in the stomach. Found in processed meats, nitrosamines are one cause of stomach cancer. Another positive effect on the stomach, according to many anecdotal reports, is relief of acid reflux.
10. Testimonials suggest that zeolite captures triggering antigens, which cause allergies, migraines, and asthma, decreasing the rate and severity of these symptoms.
11. Zeolite directly absorbs free radicals and thus decreases free radical activity and damage to the body.
By Gabriel Cousens, M.D., M.D. (H) Diplomate of the American Board of Holistic Medicine, Diplomate of Ayurveda, & Director of the Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center
WHAT IS Zeolite?
As stated, Zeolite is formed from the fusion of volcanic lava and ocean water, and combines the four elements – air, earth, water, and fire. It has been used for 800 years throughout Asia as a traditional remedy to promote overall health and well-being, and for 30 years in the U.S. in animal feed.Zeolite’s negatively charged crystalline structure is what makes this possible. Its crystals act as “cages,” inside of which are positive ions. These positive ions switch places with positively charged toxins in the body, tightly bind them, and excrete them completely. One of the benefits of binding toxins in this manner is that they are 100 percent excreted. Heavy metals, pesticides, and herbicides all leave the system; they do not get deposited elsewhere in the body. Forty percent of zeolite binds heavy metals in the gastrointestinal tract, and 60 percent binds toxins in the bloodstream and at the cellular level.
Theoretically, it has the rare ability to take in a tremendous amount of positively charged toxins, indirectly neutralizing their effect in causing cancer. In the process, the zeolite develops a slight positive charge. It is then attracted to and pulled right into the negatively charged membrane of the cancer cell. When the zeolite moves inside the cancer cell, the cell’s P21 gene is activated. This gene acts as a tumour suppressor through its ability to control cell-cycle progression. The activation of P21 appears to halt the growth of tumours by directly suppressing growth signals. What we can say is that zeolite has a chelation-like effect in removing heavy metals, pesticides, herbicides, and other positively charged toxins from the system.
Zeolite’s binding power was proven during the Chernobyl disaster, when tons of it were used to remove radioactive cesium and strontium-90 before they contaminated local water systems. Acting primarily as a chelator, zeolite trapped these radioactive minerals within its crystalline cage structure.
Zeolite appears to remove toxins from the body in a hierarchical order. It first acts strongly to remove lead, mercury, cadmium, and arsenic. This first phase may take one to four weeks or longer. Zeolite then removes second-priority toxins, including pesticides, herbicides, and plastics.
Zeolite appears to increase the rate of glucuronization in the liver, activating phase II of the glucuronidase function. This in turn removes pesticides, herbicides, and xeno-estrogens from the body, releasing them through the urine. Interestingly, it also appears to neutralize the aflatoxin poison.
A third function of zeolite is to trap pre-virus components, preventing the replication of viruses and their ability to make us sick. In this way, zeolite may play an important role as a broad-spectrum anti-viral.
Anecdotal testimony also reports that it is effective in alleviating or curing the flu, colds, hepatitis C, viral or heavy-metal induced multiple sclerosis, and rheumatoid arthritis. Zeolite’s effect as an anti-viral appears to be a preventative function that builds up over time, beginning after approximately four to six weeks of use, when heavy metals, pesticides, and herbicides have been mostly eliminated. There is anecdotal evidence, however, that in some cases its anti-viral effect seems to be immediate.
Zeolite also is a unique antioxidant. A traditional antioxidant works by absorbing excess free radicals into its system because it has an unpaired electron. In contrast, zeolite traps free radicals in its complex structure, inactivating and eliminating them. In this way, it acts as a complement to traditional antioxidants. In addition, zeolite buffers the system towards slight alkalinity by establishing pH levels of 7.35 to 7.45, which is the optimum pH for the human body. The body’s pH level influences both immunity and brain function. An acid blood pH (7.34 or lower) creates a precondition for cancer. In an acid environment, brain cell function can also be impaired, causing depression, anxiety, stupor, paranoia, delusions, hallucinations, or even psychosis.
Zeolite also appears to balance the immune system, either up- or down-regulating it as needed. Although the precise mechanism for this is not entirely understood, this function is clearly very important in a world in which most people’s immune systems are seriously compromised. Because zeolite so powerfully removes various types of toxins from the body, it naturally increases energy and well-being. Users report improvements in mental clarity and a sense of peace, wellness, and happiness. These are what we term positive secondary effects. For example, clearing out heavy metals allows the body’s magnesium stores to work efficiently with adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the biological source of energy in the body. When this interaction is occurring optimally, people have more energy and experience greater well-being.
One study has demonstrated that zeolite also appears to increase serotonin level, which is known to help alleviate some forms of depression. Zeolite shows promise as an effective detoxifier for women who plan to become pregnant. Recently, at Dr Garbriel Cousens Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center, it was added to the protocol for the 10-day detoxification program for prospective mothers. In two women who just completed the program, toxins in their breast tissue dropped significantly – from 12 in one and 13 in the other to only two – in seven days. Toxins in their liver and brain tissue also dropped to an average of only two.
Based on centuries of use in Asia and anecdotal accounts of its use by pregnant women, zeolite appears to be safe even for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. However, its safe use in pregnancy has not been tested in double-blind studies, and no claims for safe use in pregnancy can be made.
Zeolite is commercially available in a purified and activated form. There are no reports of side effects, except one: because of its natural action to absorb water, zeolite can cause dehydration. It is therefore important to drink sufficient water both before and while taking zeolite to ensure adequate hydration.
There is only one contraindication: Zeolite is contraindicated for anyone taking a medication containing heavy metals, such as lithium, or containing platinum, which is found in some cancer medications. Before taking Zeolite, check check to see if your medication contains heavy metals or platinum.
Zeolite is simple, elegant, extraordinary, and vital for healthy living in today’s toxic world. I believe this most unique, natural substance is an alchemical gift from God to help us face our present-day health challenges due to ecological ignorance or, as they are called in Ayurveda, prajna prathara or crimes against nature.
Drink Plenty of Water In general, How much water should you drink each day? As a general rule, drink 1/2 ounce for each pound of body weight. A 140-pound woman should drink about 70 ounces of water daily.
Zeolite is much easier than it is with other common detoxification methods.
Dosage is dependent upon the individual and the need for detoxification. It is very, very important (due to the mind of Zeolite) to stay the full course of dosing (a month to six weeks) otherwise you are wasting your money.