The light of the Body is in the eye!
Our eyes radiate what we are at every moment. Every day at every moment we use our unique and personal eyes to transmit information and decode the universe around us
The idea of homeostasis is a vital concept to modern physiology and states that every organ has a functional dependence on every other organ, either directly or indirectly. When homeostasis is disturbed the result is abnormal cellular function and pathology. The interrelationship of all organs and tissues at a physiological level leads to the conclusion that any organ will reflect in some degree the physiology of every other organ. This is fact and accepted for a long time. When organ changes are mild, alterations in physiology can usually only be detected at a cellular level. When changes become more severe, clinical signs of pathology become visible. SO BY OBSERVING ANY TISSUE OF THE BODY, THE OBSERVER WILL KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE OTHER SIMILAR TISSUES OF THE BODY.
BECAUSE THE EYE AND IRIS ARE COMPOSED OF ALL MAJOR TISSUES OF THE BODY, the idea of homeostasis contributes to identifying the eye, iridology as a science of the eye, for its usefulness in assessing body physiology. Iridology is the science and art of analyzing the markings and structures of the iris in the eye. The iris is the portion of the eye that carries the colour. Iris was the goddess of the rainbow in Greek mythology; she was also messenger of the gods in the Iliad.
Under magnification, the iris reveals itself to be a world of minute details, and land of many features. Your constitution is your basic inherent physical and emotional makeup. Knowing what our constitutions are helps us to capitalize on our strengths and compensate for our weaknesses. Presently, as in the past, many health care practitioners have used this form of analysis along with other diagnostic techniques to facilitate a more complete understanding of their patients’ health care needs.
HOW IT WORKS: The iris of the eye is the most complex tissue of the body meeting the outside world. It is an extension of the brain, being incredibly endowed with hundreds of thousands of nerve endings, microscopic blood vessels, muscles and other tissues. The iris is connected to every organ and tissue of the body by way of the brain and nervous system. The nerve fibres receive their impulses by way of their connections to the optic nerve, optic thalami and spinal cord. Nerve fibres in the iris respond to changes in the body tissues by manifesting a reflex physiology that corresponds to specific tissue changes and locations. The scientific explanation of exactly how this process works neurologically is still forthcoming. Much research is being devoted to a clearer understanding of these phenomena.
What Can You Expect from Iridology?
- Reveals constitutional strength. Are we built strongly or weakly? How well does the body endure stress.
- Reveals the health level. What is the health potential?
- Reveals inherent strengths and weaknesses. What and where are they?
- Reveals nutritional and chemical needs. What elements are lacking and where?
- Reveals the location of environmentally obtained toxic accumulations
- Reveals the quality of nerve force in the body. What is the condition of the nervous system.
- Reveals response to treatment, how well the body is healing itself and at what rate.
- Reveals the acid/catarrh level in the body. Where are the accumulations?
- Reveals the ‘whole’ body as a unified structure. What is the overall health level?